Got a WaMu!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a WaMu!

We were discharged 9/21/06, not closed yet, though. I've pulled our credit reports, but there weren't any glaring inaccuracies. I haven't gotten our FICOs because I just hate to pay for them. We've had one CC from our CU since our discharge, with a $500 limit and 25% interest. Needless to say, we didn't use it. We haven't applied for anything.

But we'd been getting flooded with offers from WaMu, and since the folks on this board talk about what a great card it is, I decided to go for it. I used my invitation to apply on-line and got the old 'we have to think about it and we'll get back to you in a couple weeks' answer. So I thought I'd been denied.

Then in the mail yesterday I got my welcome packet. I got a $6k limit with 0 interest until March '08. Not that we plan to use it much, but it sure is nice to know that we have a source in case of emergency.

WaMu should thank you all. I never would've applied if not for hearing of all of your good experiences.

Congrats! Enjoy your free fico scores!

Comment

$6000 SHREW ! ! ! Do you have to pay an annual fee? Any extra charges for just having the card. Some cards charge friggin' like a $100 bucks or so just to have it!

Thanks, Catchmeifyoucan
      July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
      Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
      Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
      Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

As far as I know all WaMu cards are fee free.

Comment

Believe me, I read every letter of the fine print. No annual fee. I had read before on these boards that it was believed that none of the WaMu cards had fees, but I triple-checked to be sure.

I'm excited to have the free FICOs, too!

Comment

NO fees for our card....0% until March 08, then it goes to 13%

Know what I find is stupid.....we got the ESPN WaMu card offer in the mail, we applied (online) and got it.

Since then we have gotten two MORE offers...SAME EXACT pre-aproved offer, details, ESPN, everything!
            Don't they relize we already have the card?? Why do they waste and send out more advertisment.??

Silly!

Comment

Originally posted by pink_amulet View Post
              NO fees for our card....0% until March 08, then it goes to 13%

Know what I find is stupid.....we got the ESPN WaMu card offer in the mail, we applied (online) and got it.

Since then we have gotten two MORE offers...SAME EXACT pre-aproved offer, details, ESPN, everything!
              Don't they relize we already have the card?? Why do they waste and send out more advertisment.??

Silly!
              It takes a few weeks for it to stop I guess. Thats what I was told.

Comment

Congrats on your new card!

Try to use it once a month or so for a small purchase and PIF after you get your statement, before the due date. That way you will have a CC reporting regularly on your CR in order to establish new credit history.

You are progressing on your road to recovery!!!

CAB in CA

Comment

Congrats on the WAMU! It's a great feeling to start re-bounding from BK, isn't it?

Comment

Darn Wamu denied me twice, they didn'e even check my credit report, I guess I'm black listed.

Comment

I got one too!

Decided to give WaMu a try - instant on-line approval, $2k limit, TU score 672!

YAAY!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X