Boyfriend wants to get a cc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boyfriend wants to get a cc...

...asked me to get him a card on my account....lol....I don't think so....not after what I've gone through..so...

he does have his own income and what is the best way to help him find a card of his own.....can I just check on the sites that are recommended for credit rebuilding?

I've got my card locked up at work...he he he
    Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
    Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Is he getting any offers in the mail, Amis?? Pre screened offers would probably get him a card the easiest.

Beyond that, I'd try HSBC, or one of the cards backed by them, first. Orchard is the biggie. Maybe then try Cap One. Don't go with First Premier. You start out with a $200-$250 LOC that's immediately dinged for a ton of fees. Worse than secured. You never see that money again.
    Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
    Discharged - 12/2006
    Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
    Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Is he getting any offers in the mail, Amis?? Pre screened offers would probably get him a card the easiest.

Beyond that, I'd try HSBC, or one of the cards backed by them, first. Orchard is the biggie. Maybe then try Cap One. Don't go with First Premier. You start out with a $200-$250 LOC that's immediately dinged for a ton of fees. Worse than secured. You never see that money again.

WATCH OUT FOR THOSE HORRENDOUS FEES ON THOSE CREDITORS THAT OFFER CC'S FOR BAD CREDIT, I was going to go with FIRST PREMIER, but after they tacked on $100 for this $50 for tit and $50 for tat, I said FORGET IT!

Catchmeifyoucan
      July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
      Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
      Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
      Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by CATCHMEIFYOUCAN View Post

WATCH OUT FOR THOSE HORRENDOUS FEES ON THOSE CREDITORS THAT OFFER CC'S FOR BAD CREDIT, I was going to go with FIRST PREMIER, but after they tacked on $100 for this $50 for tit and $50 for tat, I said FORGET IT!

Catchmeifyoucan
        He hasn't gotten any offers in the mail....he saw a couple of mine & I explained how you have to really look at the fees, terms, conditions etc...he was like, "get me an xtra card from yours..." I said, (nicely), "you earn an income, let's see what I can find for you...." he he he...no more mess ups for my credit...

I did get an offer the other day, HSBC 15.0 APR, no annual fee, but it doesn't say much else than that...I guess I have to reread it because it looks like I have two offers from them....I'll check it out online.....I thought about Hooter's for him as well....?
        Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,

Comment

People have posted recently that Hooter's/Merrick Bank isn't giving CC's to people who've filed BK that don't come with a pre-screened offer from them.

http://www.bankruptcyforum.com/showt...?t=9606&page=2

Page 2, Posts 18 and 19.

Not sure if this applies in BF's case or not.
          Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
          Discharged - 12/2006
          Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Originally posted by SinkingFast View Post
            People have posted recently that Hooter's/Merrick Bank isn't giving CC's to people who've filed BK that don't come with a pre-screened offer from them.

http://www.bankruptcyforum.com/showt...?t=9606&page=2

Page 2, Posts 18 and 19.

Not sure if this applies in BF's case or not.
            Interesting...I never got a prescreened offer...I just did it online after reading about everybody here who filed getting the card....

My bf has no bankruptcy (part of the reason why I filed, however....)...

Comment

I remember when many people here did apply for Hooters cards with no pre-screened offers and got the cards with decent credit limits.

I don't know if this means there's been a change in policy or what.
              Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
              Discharged - 12/2006
              Closed - 04/2007

Comment

It sounds like boyfriend doesn't have bad credit. It just sounds like he may have no credit. No credit is almost as bad and he may have to apply for sub-prime cards. However if he has ever had a student loan, car loan, mortgage he may have credit. In that case try a mainstream lender. Google "credit card comparisions" and you will find tons of sites that compare cards side by side and you can specify what type of card you are interested in. For example - sub-prime cards, cards with points or miles, cards with lower interest rates, cards with low balance transfer rates, ect. Before bankruptcy I did that a number of times and was usually pretty happy with the card I got. Some of the sites even give you an idea what kind of credit you need to get a particular card at the listed terms.
                Filed: 10/26/2006
                Discharged: 03/05/2007
                Closed: 5/19/2008 - Asset case due to balance transfer and income tax refund

Comment

He did have credit cards back before 2000....but not since then...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X