top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New offers coming in the mail...is this good? (WaMu)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New offers coming in the mail...is this good? (WaMu)

Over the past 6 months since my CH 7 was D/C, I've cleaned up my credit report and got a sub sub sub prime credit card (First Premier)

My scores are a lot higher than they were 6 months ago, for obvious reasons. My attorney told me to start off with two credit cards, to build up my score. I got the First Premier card, then I got approved for the Orchard Bank card. The only offers I've received in the mail were from the $175 Fee cards with a $250 limit. Now I'm beginning to get better offers. I got an offer from WaMu, but nothing too special except for they are offering to do a balance transfer. Now my question is, when you get offers in the mail, what is the chance they approve you? I like the fact that first premier got me the points to move my score up, but all relationships must come to an end and if I am approved for WaMu, then that and my Orchard Bank card would be quite enough...

I'm not too familiar with WaMu, do they only offer credit to those with A+++++ credit?

Thanks...

Jetset

Does it say pre-approved????? If it does the chances are good, if not may be pretty slim.
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

$175 FEE ??? Thats huge ! I heard you'll get a quiet a few offers, pick the best one with little or even no fee. Buy something every month, pay it off every month. Thats what my attorney said. Good Luck !

Catchmeifyoucan
      July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
      Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
      Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
      Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by CATCHMEIFYOUCAN View Post
        $175 FEE ??? Thats huge ! I heard you'll get a quiet a few offers, pick the best one with little or even no fee. Buy something every month, pay it off every month. Thats what my attorney said. Good Luck !

Catchmeifyoucan

Yes, among others First Premier is one of those cards where you are given a $250 limit, but charged with about $178 in various fee's giving you an available balance of about $72.00. I applied for this card after being turned down by capital one and orchard. Then I re-applied to Orchard and was approved.

-----------

Cindylynnsmith : It doesn't say pre approved, it's just a personal invitation.

Comment

i am getting all these offers too. Yesterday, I got an offer from Aspen or Aspect, or something like that. I read the terms and threw it away.

I don't need a credit card right now. I got a cell phone and that is being reported on my credit. My new mortgage is also being reported for the last two months. I figure in the next six months, my score should jump alot higher. They range from 580 - 620 now. So I hope between months of the cell phone and mortgage bills being paid on time I should jump up 30 or 40 points.
          Date Filed: 12/19/2004
          341 Meeting: 2/8/2005
          Date Case Confirmed: 7/12/2005
          Closed on Refinance/Chapter 13 Buyout 8/23/06

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X