Feedback for TU CR Cleanup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feedback for TU CR Cleanup

It has been a bit since the Ch 13 has cleared off my credit reports, and I have confirmed that EQ and EX show only current accounts. My question relates to TU and their listing of several old accounts which existed pre-BK (June 2016) all of which were positive reporting and were not part of the BK since they were previously paid/closed prior. TU lists about 8 of these. Since they are a mix of CC or installment accounts and all had positive history, does it make sense to dispute them off or is there no downside? One item I've noticed is that per TU, my avg credit age is significantly higher than that of EQ/EX which I attribute to these old accounts being listed on TU.

There is in fact a downside to disputing them off; a significant percentage of your FICO scores is based upon your AAoA (Average Age of Accounts); when those accounts drop off your reports, your scores will drop as well.
    Chapter 13 (not 100%):
    • Burned: AMEX, Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo, and South County Bank cum Bank of Southern California
    • Filed: 26-Feb-2015
    • MoC: 01-Mar-2015
    • 1st Payment (posted): 23-Mar-2015
    • 60th Payment (posted): 07-Feb-2020
    • Discharged: 04-Mar-2020
    • Closed: 23-Jun-2020

Comment

Makes complete sense - even though there will be a difference between TU and EQ/EX, it will be best to leave TU as it. Thank you, shipo

Comment

Given there are virtually always differences in accounts and the various metrics tracked for each account, there will always be differences in your scores. With that said, based upon how you've phrased your posts, my guess you're mixing apples and road apples regarding the sources you're using for your scores. I'm betting your TU and EQ scores are directly from the web sites of those two credit bureaus; if so, those scores are what are often referred to as FAKO scores (i.e. Vantage 3.0), which are utterly and completely useless as no financial institution uses them for credit approval and underwriting. The only credit bureau which provides a true FICO 8 score is EX, however, that is only a portion of the story as each credit bureau publishes roughly a dozen FICO scores for each individual, and the only way for you to see those scores (which are used by the credit industry) is to pay for a subscription to either myFICO.com or credit.com.
        Chapter 13 (not 100%):
        • Burned: AMEX, Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo, and South County Bank cum Bank of Southern California
        • Filed: 26-Feb-2015
        • MoC: 01-Mar-2015
        • 1st Payment (posted): 23-Mar-2015
        • 60th Payment (posted): 07-Feb-2020
        • Discharged: 04-Mar-2020
        • Closed: 23-Jun-2020

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X