Credit Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Reports

We can get a free credit report once a year. Is this once a calendar year or once a rolling year? For example, ours would be every October.

We also have been turned down for credit when we bought the car. I think there have been at least 3 creditors who refused us credit. I just got letters today and the reason we were turned down was "Bankruptcy." One of the other companies mentioned BK, but also too much credit taken out recently and we didn't take anything out recently unless it was when DH bought the now totaled car just over a year ago.

Any way can I get a credit report based on the creditors who refused credit. We at least have Transunion and Experian. And if we get the credit report due to being turned down for credit does that negate our yearly free credit report?

I don't want to get credit reports this October since our BK should fall off next Spring. I would like to get a credit report in the spring at the time I expect BK to fall off. And I prefer to get the credit report for free.

I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

I believe the rules have changed, you can get a free credit report weekly:
    Chapter 13 (not 100%):
    • Burned: AMEX, Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo, and South County Bank cum Bank of Southern California
    • Filed: 26-Feb-2015
    • MoC: 01-Mar-2015
    • 1st Payment (posted): 23-Mar-2015
    • 60th Payment (posted): 07-Feb-2020
    • Discharged: 04-Mar-2020
    • Closed: 23-Jun-2020

Comment

Thanks, I will check that out.
      I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

I checked my credit reports, but not my husband's. He does little as possible on a computer so he gives me permission to do all that for him.

Interesting and the websites look more user friendly than the last time I checked which was about 2 yrs ago.

It stinks that all the on time car/house payment/HELOC that were in BK are still listed negatively. It does say paid on time, but still! But it shows delinquency in the month we filed which was probably due to the timing of trustee first payments.

I still think we should get some points for making those BK13 payments for the duration. But that's just me not anyone "important."

I have 5 credit cards that had been closed BEFORE BK and before we had any type of late payments ever. Going back to 2011, 2012, 2014 and 2016. Do those stay on the credit report? Can I request they be removed. They were closed by the creditor. I know that at least a few of them were closed for example American Eagle and JCP closed the account to give me a different card. They did it and I really had no choice. One is a card from an appliance store that no longer exists. I have two Capital one cards that were closed in 2016 I don't know why they were closed maybe they upgraded to "better cards" but I don't know. Do these accounts just stay there or can I request they be removed?

I don't remember the exact details or which report, but there is a notation that BK13 was completed. And there's a notation something to the effect that the Mortgage and HELOC will be removed after March 2025 and May 2025, I think it meant the negative report since that lines up with 7 yrs when BK is removed.

Comment

For the old accounts, if they are showing negative comments or marks and the DOFD (Date Of First Default) is more than seven years ago, then you can dispute each account with each bureau reporting them and report them as "Too Old". If they are not showing any negatives other than "Closed" then leave them alone; they are helping your credit scores.
          Chapter 13 (not 100%):
          • Burned: AMEX, Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo, and South County Bank cum Bank of Southern California

Comment

Thanks shipo The accounts are not showing anything negative. It's the info how long I had the accounts and what the highest balance and the credit limit was and that it was " paid and closed." There's no payment history since it's too long ago.

Comment

Got it; the last thing you want to do is to dispute them, those accounts are helping our AAoA (Average Age of Accounts); when they drop off, your credit scores are likely to suffer.
              Chapter 13 (not 100%):

Comment

shipo
                Something else I wondered about is the name on the credit reports. I have variations which are normal like first name, middle name, last name, first name, last name and first name, middle initial, last name.

But then I have some that have Middle name, first name, last name or first name and the WRONG middle initial, last name and I have one first and middle name combined into one name, last name.

Is it worth making clarifications and get rid of the wrong combinations? Or am I just over thinking this. I didn't ever have credit in any of the wrong combinations, but I remember getting creditor offers way before BK in the wrong combinations.

Comment

I would have the financial institutions make the correction and leave it at that. I've had misspellings on my credit reports for literally decades and they haven't hurt a thing.
                  Chapter 13 (not 100%):

Comment

Originally posted by shipo View Post
                    I would have the financial institutions make the correction and leave it at that. I've had misspellings on my credit reports for literally decades and they haven't hurt a thing.
                    Thanks again I won't worry about the names. I did not have any accounts under wrong names just different variations I have seen when getting offers for credit and other junk mail.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X