Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NavyFed is our credit union so I was thrilled to read that they are so highly recommended. We switched to them from USAA pre filing as our attorney was concerned that our CC debt with USAA could jeopardize our banking relationship with them post petition. My only gripe about NFCU is that their mobile app and online banking aren’t feature rich so we’ve resorted to using Rocket Money for budgeting purposes. I hate that we can’t add pending manual charges in the NFCU mobile banking app- we were with USAA for over 10 years and their app was amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by rodsren View Post

Dear Shipo:

Thank you. I was unaware they had so many branches compared with PenFed, which sailed through. I will be in Miami and in Los Angeles, so a trip to San Diego (with. limited access, I might get in or not) is kind of a trek. However, I have a doctor's appointment this Thursday in N. Miami, and they happen to have a location there. You can even make an appointment. Once again, thanks for your terrific advice. I'll let you know how it goes, you and others have mentioned both here and youtube that the NFCU limits are generous, which of course makes usage % lower and helps credit ratings, but that is far down the line. First, join and open checking and savings and possibly a small CD. Then, hopefully, come up with 5K in the USA, as that has been suggested as a good point for a secured card. As well as 3,001 in an SSL, which I still was unaware they existed. This website has been a very informative resource. Again, Gratitude for your help! Scott

Comment

Good news. IN person NFCU approved my share and checking account. I can't do much with it in 30 days, but at least it's a start (previously, the online system declined me.). They did do a pull of my credit, and I think the guy noticed I had applied before (they seem to be very on the ball there.). But all was fine with a FICO (as opposed to non-useful vantage 3, which I learned on here also) of around 630. I'd recommend the in-person and hope you get someone helpful (my guy said when I was ready to do the SSL loan, email him directly, and he would take care of it.). RSR

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for the update. I guess I was fortunate when I joined I didn't live anywhere near a branch and was able to do it online; since our move our closest branch is a whopping 2.5 miles away, but I have yet to visit it.
          Chapter 13 (not 100%):
          • Burned: AMEX, Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo, and South County Bank cum Bank of Southern California
          • Filed: 26-Feb-2015
          • MoC: 01-Mar-2015
          • 1st Payment (posted): 23-Mar-2015
          • 60th Payment (posted): 07-Feb-2020
          • Discharged: 04-Mar-2020
          • Closed: 23-Jun-2020

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X