X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shipo
    replied
    Good stuff justbroke, at this point I'm assuming your TU scores went up and your EX scores either just went up or are about to. Any update on what your EQ scores are doing?

Leave a comment:

• justbroke
    started a topic Credit Bureau Early Exclusion and Bankruptcy

Credit Bureau Early Exclusion and Bankruptcy

So, here's some things I have learned as my Chapter 13 aged off my account:
    • Assuming that the debtor filed a Chapter 13 on May 28, 2014.
    • Assuming that 7 years from May 28, 2014 is May 28, 2021.
    • (For a Chapter 7 it would be 10 years from May 28, 2014 which is May 28, 2024. The same early exclusion periods would apply at 6 months, 3 months, and 1 month.)
    • These were not my dates. I used a late day in May to demonstrate the exclusion date.
    With those as parameters, here is what I learned. For the following major credit bureaus, the "exclusion" date is the 1st of the month. Based on our example, the working date for removal is May 1, 2021.
    • Trans Union, you can dispute the bankruptcy 6 months prior. Given our assumptions, we can dispute this on November 1, 2020. (I did this via on-line dispute and it was removed within several hours!) I do not know when they automatically stop reporting since I did the 6 month early exclusion dispute.
    • Experian, this automatically stopped being reported 3 months prior. Given our assumptions, this will automatically stop reporting on February 1, 2021.
    • Equifax... do not call them or write them. The entry will be removed 1 month prior. Given our assumptions, this will automatically stop reporting on April 1, 2021. Just let the exclusion kick in automatically!

Please take note that your credit scores could go up or down with the removal of the bankruptcy! Older accounts being removed could affect your Average Age of Accounts (AAoA) and you could suffer from the FICO phenomenon known as rebucketing.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X