Detroit to bulldoze thousands of homes in fight for survival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detroit to bulldoze thousands of homes in fight for survival

Tired of Detroit's status as the symbol of everything wrong with urban America, its new mayor has come up with a radical solution: to bulldoze the city.

Decent three-bedroom homes can be bought for $10,000, but no one wants to buy.
    --Alex Spillius in Detroit

A vacant home in Detroit. Photo: AP Photo/Paul Sancya

Comment

The U.S. Economic Collapse Top 20 Countdown

I found out about this Telegraph piece from the blog below, specifically number 3, although I do look at The Telegraph online every day as well. I don't want to violate any rules so I will post it below so as not to violate any rules. I'm not spamming the forum with conspiracy sites or telling anyone what to think or do or believe. Jeez...can't we just exchange information and make our own decisions?

Comment

Are You Prepared For The Coming Economic Collapse And The Next Great Depression?

Comment

Originally posted by Xue View Post
          I found out about this Telegraph piece from the blog below, specifically number 3, although I do look at The Telegraph online every day as well. I don't want to violate any rules so I will post it below so as not to violate any rules. I'm not spamming the forum with conspiracy sites or telling anyone what to think or do or believe. Jeez...can't we just exchange information and make our own decisions?
          Exactly. That is what a forum is about....keep posting!
          Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
          Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Xue you are doing fine. Just put down the link of what you copied and pasted for copy right laws.

Now, have any seen the movie Mad Max, or Soylent Green? But what worries me more is George Orwells 1984, and what really worries me is Revelations. What the heck do we have in the White House and what's with all the Worlds earthquakes, tragedies, oil spills (that was worse in the Mid East and they simply had a super tanker strain and seperate the oil from the water. Why can't we rent it? )

Our leader stated early on he was going to make a "fundamental" change in our Country. Boy he sure is.

Houses around here, and nice ones, are going vacant daily. I'm seeing another one each day. Panic sales or rent, or rent to own, signs everywhere. No the sky is not falling. Yet. Wait till Israel is pushed into a corner as we are doing by not supporting it and Iran attempts any tricks. We haven't seen anything yet and what is left of our economy just may get worse real fast. OMHO. 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

The whole Detroit land will be sold to China... to become big rice field harvest or pig/cattle farms for meat market... LOL ..Oh yeah... China will own Detroit city someday ...no doubt about it. (Land = Govt's big tax profit/income)

Comment

They have been bulldozing these houses for awhile. Several people in the community have been gardening these lands and distributing the food to poor people. One guy is teaching people how to kill, skin and cook raccoons.

Comment

Originally posted by Mi Bankruptcy View Post
                  One guy is teaching people how to kill, skin and cook raccoons.
                  That's the easy part. The hard part is actually managing to eat the thing without hurling. Coon is the strongest, gamiest, nastiest meat there is. I've never tried buzzard meat, maybe that could top it, I don't know. But one taste of coon and you'll know: God didn't intend people to eat them.
                  Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by MSbklawyer View Post
                    That's the easy part. The hard part is actually managing to eat the thing without hurling. Coon is the strongest, gamiest, nastiest meat there is. I've never tried buzzard meat, maybe that could top it, I don't know. But one taste of coon and you'll know: God didn't intend people to eat them.
                    LOL.. would'nt know.. However, I ate some interesting meat when I was in Korea. Of course, I don't know how smart it is to eat it from a street vendor. Of course, people probably say the same thing about hotdog vendors in NY.

Comment

Originally posted by Mi Bankruptcy View Post
                      One guy is teaching people how to kill, skin and cook raccoons.
                      Funny...it reminds me of the Michael Moore film of 20 years ago, Roger And Me, I believe.

There's a scene in the devastated part of Flint MI, where Moore encounters a woman trying to eek out a living selling rabbits.. He says he'd like one..."How much?", he asks....she says, "meat or pet?"

Michigan, what tough times.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                        Xue you are doing fine. Just put down the link of what you copied and pasted for copy right laws.

Now, have any seen the movie Mad Max, or Soylent Green? But what worries me more is George Orwells 1984, and what really worries me is Revelations. What the heck do we have in the White House and what's with all the Worlds earthquakes, tragedies, oil spills (that was worse in the Mid East and they simply had a super tanker strain and seperate the oil from the water. Why can't we rent it? )

Our leader stated early on he was going to make a "fundamental" change in our Country. Boy he sure is.

Houses around here, and nice ones, are going vacant daily. I'm seeing another one each day. Panic sales or rent, or rent to own, signs everywhere. No the sky is not falling. Yet. Wait till Israel is pushed into a corner as we are doing by not supporting it and Iran attempts any tricks. We haven't seen anything yet and what is left of our economy just may get worse real fast. OMHO. 'Hub
                        Agree 'Hub- this is just the tip of the iceberg. Homeowners dropping like flies around here too.

Israel isn't known for backing down. We really don't need to get involved in another war.

The oil spill is going to decimate the gulf areas and probably the east coast of Florida. So much for those green shoots...

Worse times are coming.
                        All posts are opinion only- I am not an attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by MSbklawyer View Post
                          All one has to do is investigate the "raccoon roundworm" and they would never go near a raccoon again nor even think about eating it unless it was cooked thoroughly and basically purified - LOL!

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

We also must not forget the derivatives black hole.

One wrong move and that will ignite the next financial fire.

They are up to several hundred trillion and possibly surpassed a quadrillion.

We saw AIG not able to pay up their bets so the fed and treasury jumped in and paid AIG which really went to Goldman, deutsche bank and the rest which received 100% of their money.

Just wait till the the next major default occurs. While it's not advertised I think JP Morgan Chase maybe the next AIG despite how strong they look on the surface.

No one will know until it's too late since these bets are off balance sheet.
                            The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

Originally posted by BKOnce View Post
                              The whole Detroit land will be sold to China... to become big rice field harvest or pig/cattle farms for meat market... LOL ..Oh yeah... China will own Detroit city someday ...no doubt about it. (Land = Govt's big tax profit/income)

I have my doubts that China will take over anything. It looks that way now but I doubt it very much.

You have to figure once bk's in the US reach 50 to 80 million and they will we will only be buying food clothing and shelter with what little welfare money we have.

The very few rich left here will buy chinese goods and it won't be enough to keep their factories going.

It will be interesting to see how the chinese govt will tame over a billion hungry people once the USA and Europe no longer support them by buying their cr@p.

They hold over a trillion of our debt but what good will that do since we will most certainly stiff them either through default or devaluation.
                              The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X